Monday, August 31, 2015

Weekend number 9.

This weekend at Beauvoir was a slower weekend than normal because it was the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and there were a lot of events on the coast to attend. Beauvoir has their own Katrina memorial display, for which I have included a few pictures. They received a good deal of damage from the storm.

This weekend my work involved watching the desk in the library in case any patrons did come by in need of help with ancestry research. Most ancestry research patrons seek help with at Beauvoir is the search for information on a relative who fought in the civil war. There are a lot of resources to use such as cemetery records, pension records, enlistment records, wounded veteran lists, and more. It is interesting work and when I have extra time there without patrons, I enjoy searching my own family history.





No comments:

Post a Comment